2 medium zucchini
¾ cup (75g) panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup (20g) parmesan cheese
½ tbsp italian herbs
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
2 eggs, beaten
200g low-fat plain yoghurt
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
lemon juice, to taste
salt, to taste
1. Preheat an oven to 220°C (425°F). Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and lightly spray with oil spray.
2. Trim the ends of the zucchini and cut into sticks that resemble thick fries.
3. Place the breadcrumbs, cheese and herbs in a small bowl and mix until well combined.
4. Dip each zucchini stick in the beaten egg and then press into the breadcrumbs to coat. Gently shake to remove loose bread crumbs and transfer the zucchini sticks to the prepared baking tray.
5. Season the zucchini fries with salt and pepper, if desired, and lightly spray with cooking spray.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
7. To make the yoghurt aioli, place the yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl and mix well to combine.
8. Serve the baked zucchini fries while hot with the yoghurt aioli. Enjoy!